Do Eskimo-3 products require refrigeration?
It’s not necessary to keep Eskimo-3 supplements refrigerated, however we do recommend that Eskimo-3 supplements are stored in a cool, dry place, below 25°C, away from direct sunlight. Once opened, Eskimo-3 liquids should be consumed within 3 months and capsule products within 6 months. Store out of reach of children.
What time of day should I take Eskimo-3 supplements?Eskimo-3 supplements can be taken at any time of day, but we would recommend that you take them with food. Eskimo-3 products should be taken with a main meal for improved absorption.
What is the recommended daily intake of Eskimo-3 supplements?
- Eskimo-3 are suitable for adults and children of 12 years +. Take 5ml of liquid daily, or else 2 to 5 capsules daily.
- Eskimo Brain 369 are suitable for adults and children of 12 years +. Take 5ml of liquid daily, or else 2 to 4 capsules daily.
- Eskimo-3 Extra are suitable for adults and children of 12 years +. Take 1 to 2 capsules daily.
- Eskimo-3 Kids Tutti Frutti or Orange Flavour are suitable for children 1 to 12 years. Take 5ml of liquid daily.
- Eskimo-3 Kids Chewable DHA+ are suitable for children of 3 years +. Take 1 soft chewable daily.
- Eskimo-3 products should be taken with a main meal for improved absorption.
- Capsules can be taken all at once.
- The Tutti Frutti flavour combines natural fruit oils from cherry, raspberry, lemon and orange. The Eskimo-3 Kids liquids are sugar free and do not contain any artificial sweeteners. Eskimo-3 Kids can be simply taken off the spoon or added to smoothies, yoghurts, porridge or other food of choice for an extra brain boost
Family Omega-3 and Vitamin D Bundle 1
2-Month Family Bundle with Omega-3 and Vitamin D Support for 2 Adults and 2 Children for Immunity, Heart, Brain, Vision and Joints
Boost your family’s immunity with this 2 month value bundle for 2 adults and 2 children. This bundle contains the optimum dosage of premium Omega-3 fish oil with Vitamin D3 in one daily supplement each for adults and kids. Omega-3 supports heart, brain, vision, and joints. Vitamin D3 supports bones, teeth, muscles, and immune system health.
- 3 x Eskimo-3 Extra with Vitamin D3, and,
- 3 x Eskimo-3 Kids Liquid 210ml Orange or Tutti Frutti flavour.
Free shipping on orders over €30
Who is Family Omega-3 and Vitamin D Bundle for?
Recommended for families with 2 adults and 2 children.
Eskimo-3 Kids Omega 3 Liquid is recommended for children aged 1 to 12 years old to support child development, brain function, vision and immunity.
Adults and Teenagers
Eskimo-3 Extra is recommended for parents, adults or teenagers who are busy.
Family Omega-3 and Vitamin D Bundle
The perfect support pack to provide for your family’s daily Omega-3 and Vitamin D needs. The supplements support heart, immune system, brain function, vision, joints and development.
Why Take a Family Omega-3 and Vitamin D Bundle Supplement?
This pack contains the optimum dosage of premium Omega-3 fish oil to support heart, brain, vision, and joint health. It also contains Vitamin D3, which is critical for maintaining bone, teeth, muscle, and immune health. Get all these benefits with one daily supplement for both adults and kids.
Boost your family’s immunity for Winter with this value bundle containing a 2-month supply for 2 adults and 2 children. The bundle is packed with pure goodness, which is the Eskimo-3 way!
Contains 3 x Eskimo-3 Extra with Vitamin D3, and, 3 x Eskimo-3 Kids Liquid 210ml Orange or Tutti Frutti flavour.
Questions Family Omega-3 and Vitamin D Bundle Supplements
Storage and Directions of Use FAQs
Allergens, Flavours and Safety Profile FAQs
What allergens do Eskimo-3 products contain?All Eskimo-3 products contain fish.
Eskimo-3, Eskimo-3 Kids and Eskimo Brain 369 contain lecithin (soy).
Are Eskimo-3 products gluten free and dairy free?Yes, all Eskimo-3 products are gluten and dairy free.
Can I take Eskimo-3 if I am allergic to soy?Yes, as the soy present is in the form of soybean oil. As many soy allergy sufferers know, soy allergies result from exposure to soy proteins. With soybean oil, there is no soy protein present. The soy present is in a minute amount as it is part of the lecithin in our antioxidant mixture “Pufanox” to help keep the product fresh. In European allergen legislation – soybean oil is not considered allergenic.
Annex II Substances or Products Causing Allergies or Intolerances
Soybeans and products thereof, except: (a) fully refined soybean oil and fat (1); (b) natural mixed tocopherols (E306), natural D-alpha tocopherol, natural D-alpha tocopherol acetate, and natural D-alpha tocopherol succinate from soybean sources; (c) vegetable oils derived phytosterols and phytosterol esters from soybean sources; (d) plant stanol ester produced from vegetable oil sterols from soybean sources.
Should I be concerned about soy and isoflavones?Soybean oil (no soybean protein) doesn’t affect oestrogen production as it doesn’t contain any isoflavones, unlike soybeans.
Do Eskimo-3 products contain artificial colours and flavours?No, we only add natural flavours, with no artificial sweeteners or added sugar so you get all the goodness without a compromise.
- Eskimo-3 is flavoured with natural lime oil.
- Eskimo Brain 369 is flavoured with natural lemon oil.
- Eskimo-3 Kids Tutti Frutti is flavoured with natural fruit oils from orange, raspberry, lemon and cherry oils.
- Eskimo-3 Kids orange is flavoured with natural orange fruit oil.
- Eskimo-3 Kids Chewable DHA+ is flavoured with natural fruit oils from strawberry, orange and lemon.
- Eskimo-3 Kids Chewable DHA+ contains paprika as a natural colouring.
Do Eskimo-3 products contain sugar or sweeteners?We only add natural flavours, with no artificial sweeteners or added sugar so you get all the goodness without a compromise. Eskimo®-3 Kids Chewable DHA+ is sweetened with xylitol and sorbitol, both from natural sources.
Are the ingredients in Eskimo-3 products derived from a genetically modified organism (GMO)?No, the fish oil in Eskimo-3 products is derived from wild fish harvested from the ocean. All other ingredients present are non-GMO.
Is it safe to take Eskimo-3 while I am pregnant?Yes. During pregnancy and breastfeeding, one of the most important Omega-3 fatty acids is DHA, a key component in the development of your baby’s brain and eyes, while a balance of Omega-3 EPA and DHA helps keep the mother healthy.
The European Food Safety Authority (EFSA) advises that pregnant and breastfeeding women consume either through food or supplementation a minimum of 200mg Omega-3 DHA in addition to the 250mg omega-3 EPA and DHA recommended for adults.
We recommend the original Eskimo-3 during pregnancy and breastfeeding as it only contains omega-3 and vitamin E (for freshness). No other nutrients are included. The rule of thumb is that during pregnancy, you should get your vitamins from a prenatal designed for pregnancy.
The health claims approved by the European Food Safety Authority (EFSA) for omega-3 in pregnancy are as follows:
- Omega-3 DHA maternal intake contributes to the normal brain development of the foetus and breastfed infants. (250mg DHA)
- Omega-3 DHA maternal intake contributes to the normal visual development of infants up to 12 months of age. (250mg DHA)
- Omega-3 DHA maternal intake contributes to the normal development of the eye of the foetus and breastfed infants. (250mg DHA)
Eskimo-3 fish oil are 100% free of heavy metals including mercury and lead, free of pesticides, PCBs, dioxins and all other contaminants, making them a good alternative to eating fish while pregnant or breastfeeding. Eskimo-3 only uses the oil from the muscle of the fish and does not contain vitamin A, making it the perfect formulation to be taken throughout your pregnancy and whilst breastfeeding.
Are there any drug interactions with omega-3 fish oil?Omega-3 fish oil should not be taken alongside anti-coagulants (blood thinning medication such as warfarin, heparin, coumadin) unless approved and supervised by your medical practitioner.
Will fish oil or essential fatty acids interfere with my medical condition or medications I am taking?In general, fish oil or essential fatty acids do not interfere with medications. However, if you have specific concerns, speak with your healthcare practitioner. We recommend that you speak with your medical practitioner if you take anti-coagulant medication, take high doses of aspirin or are anticipating surgery.
Are there any differences between food supplements and medications?Yes, Eskimo-3 food supplements are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. Medications are specifically designed to treat diseases and are prescribed by doctors.
Are Eskimo-3 products certified kosher?Eskimo-3 is one of the few fish oils to be able to claim Kosher certification. All production steps from fishing vessel up to the final product must be known and verified in order to achieve full Kosher certification.
Are Eskimo-3 products certified halal?Yes, Eskimo-3 is certified Halal.
Are any of your products suitable for vegetarians and vegans?Our product Eskimo Vegan Omega-3 Plus was developed for vegetarians or vegans. All other products are not suitable for vegetarians or vegans, who should consider an algae food supplement as a source of omega-3.
Purity, Sustainability and Environment FAQs
Do Eskimo-3 products contain mercury, lead or other heavy metals?Eskimo-3 is a premium fish oil made from anchovies, sardines and mackerel, small fish that are naturally low in toxins, including heavy metals. The purification process of Eskimo-3 is carried out close to the fishing grounds where pressing, centrifugation and molecular distillation all take place in accordance with GMP and pharmaceutical standards. State-of-the-art technology is used for the purification step meaning Eskimo-3 products contain no residue from the manufacturing process and are hexane free.
Eskimo-3 adheres to the stringent regulations for environmental contaminants and heavy metals as set out by the European Food Safety Authority. This ensures that all Eskimo®-3 products effectively eliminate environmental toxins. Eskimo-3 is third party tested and regularly scores top marks for purity.
Are there certificates of analysis available?Yes, each batch of Eskimo-3 comes with a certificate of analysis, confirming purity for each batch. Certificates of analysis are available on request.
Are the fish from a sustainable source?Eskimo-3 oil is of the highest quality from fully traceable and sustainable sources. Eskimo-3 only use 100% sustainable fish (sardines, anchovies, mackerel) which are provided by specialist fisheries that can be traced back to the individual fishing vessel and even the individual taking care of the fish. This traceability has resulted in the Eskimo-3 range being awarded “Friend of the Sea” certification.
Any fishery wishing to receive certification must adhere to the strict criteria laid down by Friend of the Sea as follows:
- Products use oil from fish stocks that are not over exploited.
- Fishing practices prevent by-catch of endangered species.
- No impact on the seabed.
- Compliance with regulations.
- Company practices include high standards for social accountability.
- Gradual reduction of carbon footprint.
Friend of the Sea certification is important not only for Eskimo®-3 but also for our customers and the environment.
Can I recycle the packaging?Yes, the glass bottle can be recycled in the brown bottle bank, and the cardboard and lids can be disposed of in your home recycling bin.
How do Eskimo-3 ensure minimum impact to the environment?Since being founded in 1991, Eskimo-3 has been committed to the health of the oceans and our environment. Eskimo-3 was one of the first omega-3 fish oils in Ireland to receive Friend of the Sea certification, which guarantees that we always use sustainable fishing practices and fully sustainable oily fish. Further to our commitment to the environment, Eskimo-3 only use packaging which is 100% recyclable. In 2021, we took a further step forward and switched to FSC Certified packaging.
By choosing Forest Stewardship Council certified packaging, we can help to protect nature and social conditions, and promote responsible forest management.
The FSC label is a guarantee that:
- In an FSC forest, no more trees are felled than the forest can manage to reproduce. This helps to ensure a CO2-neutral forest.
- Animals and plant life are protected. Parts of FSC forests are preserved completely, and areas with endangered animals and plants are protected.
- The people that work in the forests are ensured training, safety equipment, decent wages and the right to join or form trade unions.
General Product Questions FAQs
What type of fish are used in Eskimo-3 supplements?Eskimo-3 products only use omega-3 oil derived from 100% sustainable oily fish. These are anchovies, sardines and mackerel. All Eskimo-3 products are certified Friend of the Sea.
Where are the fish caught?These are deep-sea fish that are born in the pure waters of the Antarctic Ocean and then follow the cold Humboldt stream up to the west coast of South America. Here they are harvested from the fresh waters off Peru.
Can the capsules be broken if I find swallowing difficult?No. However, the original Eskimo-3 with Vitamin E come in small, easy to swallow 500mg capsules. Alternatively, choose from Eskimo-3, Eskimo Brain 369 and Eskimo-3 Kids which are available in liquid form or Eskimo-3 Kids Chewable DHA+ which is an orange flavoured soft chew.
What age group are Eskimo-3 omega-3 supplements suitable for?The Eskimo-3 range contains products suitable for everyone from 1 year and over! Omega-3 fatty acids, DHA and EPA, offer support for heart, brain, vision and pregnancy.
What Eskimo-3 products are suitable for children?
- Eskimo-3 Kids Liquid Tutti Frutti flavour: 1 to 12 years old.
- Eskimo-3 Kids Liquid Orange flavour: 1 to 12 years old.
- Eskimo-3 Kids Chewable DHA+: 3 years plus.
Please note, Eskimo-3 Liquid:
- ¼ teaspoon for 1 to 6 years old.
- ½ teaspoon for 6 to 12 years olds
- 1 teaspoon for 12 years plus.
How do I take Eskimo-3 liquids?You can enjoy it straight from the teaspoon or add it to smoothies and yogurt or drizzle on porridge and pancakes. You can even use it to make nutritious energy balls!
What nutrients are in the Eskimo-3 products?
- Eskimo-3 size 210ml have 1700mg of Omega-3, 785mg EPA , 554mg DHA and 13mg Vitamin E.
- Eskimo-3 size 250 capsules have 740mg of Omega-3, 340mg EPA , 240mg DHA and 6mg Vitamin E.
- Eskimo Brain 369 size 210ml have 1500mg of Omega-3, 650mg EPA , 400mg DHA, 460mg Omega-6, 700mg Omega-9, 5ug Vitamin D, 10mg Vitamin E and 10mg CoQ10.
- Eskimo Brain 369 size 120 capsules have 1200mg of Omega-3, 560mg EPA , 400mg DHA, 400mg Omega-6, 600mg Omega-9, 2ug Vitamin D, 9.2mg Vitamin E and 4mg CoQ10.
- Eskimo-3 Extra size 50 capsules have 800mg of Omega-3, 550mg EPA , 115mg DHA, 20ug Vitamin D and 3mg Vitamin E.
- Eskimo-3 Kids Tutti Frutti or Orange Flavour size 210ml have 1155mg of Omega-3, 462mg EPA , 277mg DHA, 462mg Omega-6, 1663mg Omega-9, 5ug Vitamin D and 6.5mg Vitamin E.
- Eskimo-3 Kids Chewable DHA+ size 27 chewables have 362mg of Omega-3, 54mg EPA , 270mg DHA, 10ug Vitamin D, 21mg Choline and 25ug Biotin.
How many servings are in the Eskimo-3 products?
- Eskimo-3 size 210ml have 42 servings of 5ml daily costing 66 cents per serving.
- Eskimo-3 size 250 capsules have 125 servings of 2 capsules daily, or 62 servings of 4 capsules daily, costing 25 cents, or 50 cents, per serving.
- Eskimo Brain 369 size 210ml have 60 servings of 2 caps daily, or 30 servings of 4 caps daily, costing 57 cents, or €1.13, per serving.
- Eskimo-3 Extra size 50 capsules have 50 servings of 1 capsule daily costing 59 cents per serving.
- Eskimo-3 Kids Tutti Frutti or Orange Flavour size 210ml have 42 servings of 5ml daily costing 54 cents per serving.
- Eskimo-3 Kids Chewable DHA+ size 27 chewables have 27 servings of 1 soft chew daily costing 61 cents per serving.
Can I take a multivitamin alongside my Eskimo-3 product?Yes, there are two overlapping nutrients. These are vitamin D3 and vitamin E.
Eskimo Brain 369 contain 5ug vitamin D3 (100% NRV). Most multivitamins contain 10ug vitamin D3. According to The Irish Longitudinal Study on Ageing (TILDA) at Trinity College Dublin, it is recommended that adults get 10 to 20 ug vitamin D per day via diet or supplementation to maintain adequate levels. The European Food Safety Authority (EFSA) advise adults can tolerate up to 100ug but that high level is not advised. By combining a multi-vitamin with Eskimo Brain 369, you will be consuming approximately 15 to 25ug vitamin D3, so this is perfectly safe.
Our Eskimo-3 products provide between 4.6mg and 13mg vitamin E, an antioxidant to keep the oil fresh. Most multivitamins provide between 40 and 100mg vitamin E. However, EFSA state that adults can tolerate up to 300mg vitamin E daily, so there is no safety issue in combining your chosen Eskimo-3 product with a multi-vitamin.
Can I take a probiotic alongside my Eskimo-3 supplement?Yes, it is perfectly fine to combine any of the Eskimo-3 range with a probiotic. No interaction exists.
Can I give my child both Eskimo-3 Kids and a kids multivitamin?Yes, there are two overlapping nutrients. These are vitamin D and vitamin E. Within Eskimo-3 Kids, there is 5ug vitamin D3 (100% NRV). Most children’s multivitamins contain 5ug to 10ug vitamin D3. Children and Teens should be getting approximately 15ug daily, so this is perfect.
The European Food Safety Authority state that children can tolerate up to 50ug daily 1 to 10 years old or 100ug for 11 years old plus, so there is no need to worry as only both products provide approximately 15ug combined.
Also Eskimo-3 Kids contains 6.5mg vitamin E, an antioxidant to keep the oil fresh. Most children’s multivitamins provides between 10 to 16mg vitamin E. However, the safe upper limits set by EFSA start at 100mg daily for 1 to 3 year old. Therefore, there is no issue taking both supplements together.
Can I give my child both Eskimo-3 Kids and a probiotic?Yes, it is perfectly fine to combine Eskimio-3 Kids with a probiotic. No interaction exists.
What does NRV on the product label mean?The abbreviation RDA (Recommended Daily Allowance) has been commonly used on food supplement labels for decades. In recent years, this term has been replaced with NRV which is an abbreviation for ‘Nutrient Reference Value’.
NRV’s are set for 13 vitamins and 14 minerals for the purposes of food labelling and are EU guidance levels on the daily amount of vitamin or mineral that the average healthy person needs to prevent deficiency.
Food supplement labels list the ingredients included in the product and give the proportion of the NRV value (% NRV) that is contained within the supplement e.g. Vitamin D, 10ug, 200% NRV.
Where can I purchase Eskimo-3 products?Eskimo-3 products are available to buy in health food stores, pharmacies and on our website. Check out Our Stockists page for a list of sellers.
3 x Eskimo-3 Kids Orange, 3 x Eskimo-3 Kids Tutti Frutti
Eskimo-3 Extra Omega-3 and Vitamin D3: Fish oil (sardines, anchovies), capsule shell (bovine gelatin, glycerol), vitamin E (d-alpha tocopherol), vitamin D (cholecalciferol), mixed tocopherols.
Eskimo-3 Extra: Fish.